Feel the luck of the Irish with this Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. Perfect dish for St. Patrick’s day or any day out of the year. Fork tender and juicy corned beef paired with tender and cooked cabbage.
Corned beef and cabbage is a dish that many households around the world prepare for St. Patrick’s Day each year. Skip the slow cooker or oven and make your corned beef and cabbage in a fraction of the time.
The Best Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
Why do I say Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot? Well both devices are a pressure cooker. The Ninja Foodi also offers an air frying element to it, but it can be used as an electric pressure cooker.
So both devices will give you the same incredible end result. The whole process of the corned beef and cabbage in the Ninja Foodi is painless.
Skip that 8 hour low and slow cooking and try it my way! You will never look back.
What to Serve With Corned Beef and Cabbage
Some go a more traditional route for corned beef and cabbage and do potatoes and carrots. Some put it in with the corned beef to cook and others cook on stove. Another option is hearty bread or dinner rolls.
Essentially corned beef cabbage is a meal in one. It is a hearty meal that doesn’t need anything else next to it. So it’s totally a preference.
Is Corned Beef Really Irish
No. Corned beef is not considered to be an Irish dish. This is more of an American dish used to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
The traditional meal eaten in Irish is lamb and bacon.
What is Corned Beef and Cabbage
Corned beef and cabbage is salt cured with a large grain of salt. That long grain salt is called corns.
This cut of meat is very tough so roasting or braiding is a must. So the low and slow method of high pressure to break down the meat is a must.
What’s In The Corned Beef Spice Packet
A lot of times when you buy a corned beef you see a packet of spices inside. This is the seasoning for the corned beef.
Generally the spice packet had coriander seed, mustard seed, bay leaf, hot pepper, and sometimes cloves, dill or even allspice.
Depending on the brand, will depend on what is included. You can always toss the bag and add in your own spices if you prefer.
How to Cut Corned Beef and Cabbage
Once your corned beef and cabbage has rested and cooled some it is now time to cut. You always want to cut against the grain. This will give you that fork tender beef you want.
Brisket has those long fibrous strands so cutting against is key to tenderness. If you cut any other way you could have a tougher meat.
This Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and cabbage is a winner. Prep is a breeze, the cook time is outstanding and you are left with a juicy and tender beef.
Not to mention leftovers are delicious. We either serve it up as a hash or reheat and eat like the first night. Either way you won’t be disappointed.
If you have a St. Patrick’s day celebration planned, you may also want to try my St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots. They will really get your party started! And do not forget to make this Instant Pot Irish Soda Bread, it is delicious!
Delicious Corned Beef & Cabbage that can be made in your instant pot or Ninja Foodi. The most delicious for tender way to make it
- 2 -3 pnd corned beef, 1.5 inches in thickness
- pickling seasoning packet
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb carrots, baby cut or peeled and cut to size
- 4 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 TBSP stone ground mustard
- Rinse corned beef and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place corned beef, quartered onion, mince garlic, TBSP stone ground mustard & seasoning packet. Add 4 cups cold water into the pressure cooker. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 90 minutes + Natural Release (you can quick release after 10 minutes).
- While the pressure cooker is natural releasing, cut the vegetables.
- Remove the cooked corned beef and half of the hot liquid in a large serving bowl.
- Add red potatoes, carrots, and cabbage in the pressure cooker. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes + Quick Release.
- On a chopping board, cut Corned Beef against the grain into slices. Serve with cabbage, red potatoes and carrots.