There are certain recipes that bring me right back to my childhood. They are also recipes that I want my children to enjoy. This Instant Pot Cheesy Goulash is a great take on the Classic American Goulash I was raised on. The cheesy deliciousness of this recipe is going to make this a huge hit with your kids.
American goulash is an American comfort food dish, similar to American chop suey. When I was a child these were two of the most popular weeknight meals in mine and my friend’s houses.
Being able to make this in the instant pot made this one-pot meal even easier to prepare.
Your kids will love this instant pot cheesy goulash and you will love how quick and easy it is to make.
Delicious Cheesy Goulash that is every bit of comfort food with all of the ease of a one-pot instant pot meal.
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 15- ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs seasoning salt
- 2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Press saute on the instant pot and allow to heat about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and onion and using a chopper crumble meat as it cooks.
- Cook until no pink is left. Do Not Drain.
- Add garlic, basil Italian seasoning, and seasoning salt sautes for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour in broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- Add dry macaroni and stir well.
- Place on the lid and turn to lock, cook manual high pressure for 4 minutes
- When your IP beeps QR all pressure.
- Remove lid and add in cheese. and serve
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Saturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 2397mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 27g