BLTA = Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado = HEAVEN! These four flavors together are such a magical medley of tastes, add in chicken salad and it is the most delicious chicken salad you have ever had. This BLTA Chicken Salad is the perfect chicken salad recipe for either a quick weekday lunch or for a special occasion brunch.
This recipe calls for the meat from a rotisserie chicken but you can use any chicken meat that you would like. When my supermarket is having their 2 for 1 chicken meat sale (or better yet the 3 for 1 sale!!) I will stock up on lots of chicken, both white meat, and thigh meat. I like to cook up a bunch to use to make chicken soup and chicken salad.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded and chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp each garlic & onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lettuce for wrapping
- Celery seasoning to taste, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, bacon and avocado. Stir to combine.
- Wrap in lettuce, enjoy!
*Also tastes amazing in Greek gyro pita bread or on sweet hawaiian rolls.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 496 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 108mg Sodium: 301mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 31g