The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
Did you know that Best Buy has the latest in energy and water efficient appliances from entry-level to premium to help you save time and money? Earth day is on April 22nd and I am so excited by the Energy Star certified Washers and Dryers at Best Buy. Not to mention the amazing sale they are having right now in honor of Earth Day. Best Buy is doing their part and for that I am very grateful.
Not familiar with Energy Star certified?
ENERGY STAR certified Washers*:
• Use less energy. On average, a new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 280 KWh of electricity and can save you $40 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model.
• Use less water. A full-sized ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer uses 13 gallons of water per load, compared to the 23 gallons used by a standard machine. That’s a savings of more than 3,000 gallons of water, per year!!
• Is your washer over 10 years old? Washers built before 2003 are significantly less efficient than newer models. If you have a standard clothes washer that is over 10 years old, it’s costing you, on average $180 a year.
ENERGY STAR certified Dryers*
• Use 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance
• Sensor Drying. Use sensor drying, not timed drying. ENERGY STAR dryer models incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help you reduce your dryer’s energy use. This feature ensures that your dryer will automatically shut off when clothes are dry
• Low heat setting. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look in the informational materials shipped with the product for which cycle was tested for certification and how the dryer’s other cycles or settings may use more or less energy.
• Consider gas. Eighty percent of dryers in the US are electric. If you have the option, consider using a gas dryer to save money and reduce your environmental impact.
As much as we want to be informed and knowledgeable about everything, we just can not know everything. Best Buy has done the leg work for us and when you see that Energy Star label you can have full confidence that it is meeting all of the above. We all want to do our part to help protect the Earth. Not only are we being good to the Earth we are also reducing our use of water and energy (which means less money spent). Its a win win no matter how you look at it.
While shopping around the Earth Day Sale, I spotted the LG Twin Wash & Sidekick and I must say it was love at first site! It lets you do two loads at once, so you have more time to do the things you’d rather be doing in life. It’s LG’s ingenious way of helping today’s consumer divide and conquer their daily workload. First helping them divide and conquer their laundry, then enabling them to divide and conquer every other part of their day. I was pretty much sold right here and now because I do laundry for 6 people and I need help! LG Twin Wash & Sidekick must have heard my cries.
The product itself can amaze, but the innovation behind it is what inspire; as soon as you see it in action, you’ll understand. It’s completely in tune with what trendsetters need to tackle their daily grind – innovative solutions for their real (busy) life.
· The innovative LG TWIN Wash is all about efficiency, helping you get more clothes cleaner in less time. With a combined capacity of up to 6.6 cu. ft., the TWIN Wash boasts an ergonomically elevated and angled door that makes loading and unloading easier. Plus, the LED control panel is located on the door, right at your fingertips.
- The Sidekick can pair with almost any LG front load unit. You can wash smaller loads without having to waste water by using the main unit.
· Add the ingenious LG SideKick pedestal washer to almost any LG front load washer to tackle two loads of laundry — both large and small — at the same time.
· Discretely styled with a concealed control panel, the LG SideKick not only functions as a secondary washer, but also raises your front-loading washer to a comfortable height and matches the pedestal beneath your LG dryer.
- 18 months major appliance financing or 10% rewards (increased from 5 to 10% for April!) and 10% back in grocery purchases
- Free delivery on purchases $399+