Last year I tasted peppermint bark for the first time and fell in love. I have no idea why it took me so long to try peppermint bark and it has become one of my favorite taste combinations. I really went on a peppermint bark binge after realizing how much I loved it. This holiday season seems to be starting off about the same. I have been experimenting with a few peppermint chocolate recipes and one really is better than the other.
These brownies are definitely one of my favorites. Brownies are delicious on their own, adding some peppermint bark to the top of them is downright decadent!
The bark on top of these brownies is not your typical rock hard bark. Butter is added to the chocolate as it melts to create this creamy softer chocolate. It falls somewhere in the middle of frosting and regular bark. It is AMAZING!!!
This recipe is semi homemade, starting with a box brownie mix. I love the simplicity of semi homemade recipes and they offer more time to do the things we love, like spending time with our family eating a delicious peppermint bark brownie.
You can break up your own candy canes or buy the all ready broken Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles. Both are delicious!
- 1 Box Brownie Mix, 20 oz
- 1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 2 TBSP Butter
- Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles or Broken Candy Cane Pieces
- Prepare brownies according to the package directions. Let them cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with butter. Stir constantly and melt at a low heat. The final consistency will be a bit on the thick side.
- Spread melted chocolate over the top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle with candy cane pieces.
- Let stand about 30 minutes before cutting brownies.