The Instant Pot is a 7-in-1 kitchen appliance designed to consolidate the cooking and preparing of food to one device. (Wikipedia)
This Instant Pot Stew Beef Chili with Cornbread Waffles is just the perfect meal for a lazy chilly Sunday! Even better if that lazy Sunday involves watching lots of football. It is the perfect quick delicious hearty warm your tummy meal.
Serve it chili bar style with all your condiments lined up for people to create their own chili masterpiece. The cornbread waffles of course being my favorite side to this delicious dish.
If you love this instant pot recipe you need to check out my other recipes on the blog. CLICK HERE to see more recipes.
- 1 lb stew beef
- 1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 25 oz cans chili beans
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white or yellow onion; chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 box jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 stalks spring onions; chopped
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Set instant pot/ pressure cooker to saute mode. Add the beef and onions. Saute until browned. Add in beef broth, mustard, and spices. Stir well and set the pressure cooker to 20 minutes on high pressure. Let pressure release naturally.
- Set to saute mode. Pour in tomato sauce and chili beans. Stir well. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Warm up waffle maker.
- Mix cornbread and two eggs. Slowly add in milk until you get a batter that is not thick but not to thin. The consistency needs to be thick enough not to run but thin enough to cook.
- Add in onions and cheese. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until waffle is lightly brown on the outside.
Serve topped with diced red onion and sharp cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 357 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 184mg Sodium: 945mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 40g