With the cold weather upon us I have been talking a lot about hot chocolate. My family can tell you, I am the biggest baby when it comes to cold weather. I will moan, groan and tell everyone around me how cold I am. One way I try to offset all of my complaining is by indulging in every winter delight possible. Bring on the warm fires, indoor smores, footie pj”s and lots and lots of hot chocolate.
My youngest son is crazy over cookies ‘n’ cream so I decided to make this decadent treat just for him. With all these cups of hot chocolate I am having I figured I better make a few special cups for the kids. 🙂
This hot chocolate is so easy to make you wont mind when your kids are begging for more.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate, chips or bar broken down into small pieces
- 1/8 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 or more Oreo's, 1 crushed is plenty the others can be for dunking
- I used a mason jar with a handle and lid to make my hot chocolate which made it a bit easier. A regular cup will work just fine as well.
- Put all ingredients into your cup and place into the microwave.
- Microwave from 1-3 minutes depending on your microwave. You want it to be nice and hot to melt the chocolate.
- Shake or stir well to mix your chocolate completely.
- Garnish with whipped cream and Oreo's. I served mine with the remaining crushed Oreo's and two more for dunking.
If you have a nice sized mug, double this recipe.