Is it just me?! Do candy corns make you smile?? Candy corns make me smile a lot!! There is something about the colors that immediately make me feel happy. Happy is a great thing, so I say bring on the candy corns! These Candy Corn Marshmallows are the first candy corn recipe in a series of recipes I will be doing. Lets all smile and enjoy candy corns together.
These Candy Corn Marshmallows are making me smile a lot. They came out so cute and were very easy to make. My kids also fell in love the minute they saw them. Not to mention how delicious they taste.
To start this project, I used Jet-Puffed StackerMallows which are flat marshmallows made for s’mores. I have used these before to make the ears for my Easter Bunny Donuts and find them so much easier to work with.
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
- Jet-Puffed StackerMallows
- Orange Chocolate Melts
- Yellow Chocolate Melts
- Lollipop Sticks
- Slice the sides off the Jet-Puffed StackerMallows so that they are the shape of candy corns.
- Melt your chocolate melts per the melting directions above.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the bottom of the marshmallows.
- Using the tip of a lollipop stick, like a paint brush, to paint on your yellow first.
- Once dry use the tip of a lollipop stick to paint on your orange.
- Set aside to let dry completely and then enjoy all of the smiles.