Everyone loves a good dip!! Right?! I hope I am not the only one who could literally have chips and dip for dinner. This Bacon Onion Dip is a take on a good old onion dip with lots of yummy bacon crumbles mixed in. As my husband says, anything made with bacon is delicious! I must say, I agree.
The recipe for this dip creates a nice subtle tasting homemade onion dip. If you like the taste of a good old Lipton onion soup dip, add 1 Tablespoon of soup mix to the recipe below. This will give it just the right taste that you have come to love.
You can also use as much bacon as your heart desires. Who am I to argue?!
This delicious Bacon Onion Dip is a homemade take on the classic Onion Soup dip with lots of bacon.
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP Dried Chopped Onion
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- 1 Pinch of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 5 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 TBSP Onion Soup Mix, optional
- Start by mixing sour cream in a bowl with dried onions, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Mix well.
- Taste your dip, if you want more of an onion soup dip taste, add 1 TBSP onion soup mix... mix well.
- Add crumbled bacon to your mix, saving enough crumbles to sprinkle on top. Mix well.
- Chill for an hour.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for aprx. 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g