This post was made possible by iConnect: Influencer Management and Buddig. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Based in Homewood, Illinois, Carl Buddig & Company has been feeding family traditions for more than 70 years with the very best in taste, variety and convenience. Carl Buddig & Company is the family-owned parent company of Buddig lunchmeat and Old Wisconsin hardwood-smoked sausage and snack products. Buddig offers an assortment of quality, thin-sliced lean meats for sandwiches, snacks and special recipes including Buddig Original, Premium Deli and Fix Quix products. Old Wisconsin sausage and meat snack products are handcrafted and smoked over real hardwood fires.
The company looks for ways to help keep families on their feet and feed each of their extended family’s own traditions through a variety of cause-marketing programs, monthly donations to charities and organizations, and consumer promotions throughout the year. From serving in the local Food Depository in support of #ShareALunch, to furthering education sessions for employees, organizing toy and food drives, making donations during the holidays and so much more. With programs and promotions that pay it forward to consumers, employees and the community, Carl Buddig & Company is committed to feeding family traditions both on and off the table.
Continuing with this tradition, the brands are excited to announce a new consumer promotion this year, the “Make It Delish Recipe Contest.” Buddig and Old Wisconsin fans make great cooks, so beginning Oct. 1, consumers can log on to www.makeitdelish.com and submit a recipe featuring their favorite Buddig and/or Old Wisconsin product — plus the secret ingredient — and enter for a chance to win a variety of cash prizes each month through Dec. 31 as well as a chance at the $10,000 Grand Prize.
Each month — October, November and December — will feature a new secret ingredient and a chance to win. At the end of each month, all the submitted recipes will be evaluated by a panel of judges, which includes Buddig family members and a trained chef. The top three scoring recipes each month will win 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes of $1,000, $500 and $250, respectively, as well as automatically be entered to be a Grand Prize finalist. Top-scoring recipes throughout the contest will also be featured in a special digital Buddig cookbook that will be available for download early 2016. It would be so cool to have your recipe featured in the Buddig cookbook!
This months secret ingredient is Potato’s. I came up with a delicious recipe that combined both the secret ingredient and the most delicious Ham I have tasted. I had so much fun putting this recipe together and just dreaming about winning. I would love to see your recipe, please don’t forget to come back and share it with me.
An unlimited number of recipes can submitted, but each recipe must be unique. Judges will be scoring recipes based on the following criteria:
- Simplicity: Is the recipe easy to make, are the directions clear and are ingredients easy to find?
- Creativity: Out-of-the-ordinary recipes will have an edge!
- Use of secret ingredient: Does the recipe do a good job of incorporating both the secret ingredient as well as the Buddig/Old Wisconsin product?
- Flavor: Does the end result taste good?
After all Grand Prize finalists have been selected, voting will be open to the general public for them to decide which recipe takes the cake. The recipe with the most votes will be named the Grand Prize winner and receive $10,000. An additional $10,000 will also be given to the winner’s primary retailer, who will donate the prize winnings to its charity of choice.
Before I share my amazeballs recipe with you.. lets have a little giveaway fun!
One lucky winner will WIN this great prize pack!
- 1 branded lunch bag
- 1 branded shopping tote
- 1 branded pencil case
- 1 Free Old Wisconsin coupon (up to $5)
- 1 Free Buddig 2 oz. coupon (up to $.99)
- 1 Free Buddig 16 oz. coupon (up to $4.99)
The giveaway ends on 12/3 at 11:59PM EST!
Only for US Residents age 18 or older!
Keep reading on to learn how to make these delicious balls of heaven yourself.
I had so much fun creating this recipe using both the secret ingredient and one of my many favorite Buddig and/or Old Wisconsin products. It really got my creative juices flowing. I am thrilled with the results, as this recipe is just delicious. I think you will like it as well.
I gathered up my main ingredients, potatoes, swiss cheese and yummy Buddig ham.
After boiling my potatoes and mashing them, I was ready to start assembling my Potato Cordon Blue. I was so tempted to take a bite as is, but I knew waiting till the end would be well worth my wait.
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 TBSP Milk
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs beaten w/ 1 TBSP Water
- 1 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 4 Slices Buddig Ham chopped into small pieces
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese chopped into small pieces
- Boil Potatoes until they are fully cooked. Drain. Mash with salt and 1 TBSP of milk. You can use 2 TBSP of milk to make the consistency binding. Let cool.
- Grab a handful of potatoes, and split the handful in half. Make each half into a small bowl by pressing in the middle with your finger. Stuff each half with ham & swiss cheese. (see the picture above)
- Put the two halves together and smooth the edges to make a nice round ball.
- Mix the bread crumbs and flour together.
- Dip each ball into the beaten egg mix, then roll into the flour/bread crumb combo. Redip into the egg mix, then roll one more time into the flour/bread crumb combo.
- **Refrigerate the balls in the for at least two hours. You can also refrigerate overnight and fry the next day.
- In a frying pan, put enough vegetable oil to cover half of the ball when placed in. Heat oil for frying. Place ball carefully into hot oil, fry for aprx 2 minutes per side until it has a nice golden color.
- Place on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and allow excess oil to drip off. Serve immediately.