I am just loving all the watermelon already this year. I promised myself to find really delicious creative uses for all of my watermelon and sweet summer corn that I just can not seem to resist buying. Watermelon is just a truly delicious treat in itself. The recipes I have selected just add to the natural yumminess. My boys are loving each and every recipe, as they each have a real special touch to them. Watermelon sorbet sounds as delicious and fancy as it truly is. The truth is, it is a real EASY recipe. Your family and friends will feel like they are being treated to a decadent treat from a fine restaurant.
This summer my boys and I will be enjoying all the sweet tastes that we all associate with summer. What better memories could my boys have then sitting on the porch after a great game of volleyball and enjoying some lovingly made watermelon sorbet. This is going to be a great summer.
- 8 Cups Seedless Watermelon cut into small pieces
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring the sugar and the water to a boil. Stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool. Once cooled add the lemon juice to the syrup.
- In a blender, place watermelon in batches and puree.
- Once all of your watermelon is pureed place into a large bowl and mix well with the syrup.
- Place mixture into a glass baking dish and freeze until firm.
- Serve to the ones you love the most on a hot day.
Couponing as a Lifestyle receives free products for review purposes, and may sometimes be compensated for posts. Posts may also contain marketing links . All opinions expressed are solely from Couponing as a Lifestyle and were not influenced by any form of compensation. Please see the Disclosure Policy for complete details.