What can I say, I LOVE bark! With 4 boys, I know the way to a child’s heart is with adorable, delicious bark. I have a bark for just about every occasion. I love that with just a little imagination you can create the most wonderful barks.
This spiderweb bark was created a little bit of imagination and a whole lot of cuteness. I was definitely inspired by the adorable candy spiders that I found, which made for perfect creepy crawlers on my bark.
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
For more recipes go HERE
You can find the ingredients needed for this bark below:
- Black Chocolate Melts
- Purple Chocolate Melts
- Candy (sprinkle) Spiders
- Melt chocolate according to directions above.
- Spread black chocolate onto parchment paper and spread evenly. Let dry & harden.
- Pour purple melted chocolate either into a squeeze bottle or a plastic baggie with the corner cut to create a nice line of chocolate. Create your spider webs onto the black chocolate.
- Place spiders into the purple web before it dries, this will act as your glue.
- Let chocolate completely harden before breaking into bite sized pieces.