This Pumpkin Dump Recipe is one that I absolutely love! I have followed in my mothers footsteps when it comes to making different dishes and desserts for the holidays. It has always been a tradition to get the women together and make a bunch of goodies. We each have our own favorite foods to make. This dessert is one of my favorites to make each year for Thanksgiving and Christmas both.
My children and husband always request my Pumpkin Dump Cake each year and this year will be no different. I do recommend this dessert for when you are deciding what you can add to the list of goodies to make.
Not only is this delicious, but it also looks amazing! Of course the kiddos always help sprinkle the toppings on. It’s not only a way for them to learn to cook in the kitchen, but also a way to make memories with them. They can continue on with their children and make traditions as well.
I will share the recipe with you below. It is pretty simple and I honestly think that you will enjoy this dessert. Take it with you to your next family gathering. The recipe is on a recipe card for your convenience. Easy to Save or Print.
- 30 oz. can pumpkin
- 16 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temp.
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup un-salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl add pumpkin, milk, spices, sugar and eggs.
- Mix to combine.
- In a 9x13 pan flour the base and edges to protect of cake sticking.
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of the batter.
- Now sprinkle pecans on top of the cake mix
- Cut your butter very thin and cover all over cake mix.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
- I hope that you will enjoy this as much as my family does.
I hope that you will give this Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe a try. If you decide to make this, come back and let us know how yours turned out. I always enjoy hearing how others liked a recipe or if you may have done anything different to the recipe.