Everyone loves a great piece of pumpkin pie around the holidays. But the honest truth is, I really love cheesecake so much more. But I do still crave that obligatory piece of holiday pumpkin pie. I decided to combine the best of both worlds and create these delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars.
It was truly love at first bite. These pumpkin cheesecake bars were really the perfect combination of the two. A dreamy pumpkin taste while giving me all the creaminess of a delicious cheesecake. I had to stop myself after one piece.
This recipe is also semi homemade making it really easy to whip up last minute before your holiday get together or to satisfy your never ending craving.
These bars are cooled before serving also making this a great make ahead dessert. Holidays should not be stressful and I love the simplicity of this recipe as well as the make ahead option. Serve with some whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon and you have one delicious dessert.
Watch this video for no fail results
- 16 oz pkg Pound Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 2 TBSP Butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 4 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese, Softened
- 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 15 oz Can Pumpkin
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine dry cake mix, 1 egg, butter and 2 TSP of pumpkin pie spice. Mix together with fingers until crumbly.
- Press dough into a greased 15 x 10 pan or (2) 8 x 8 pans.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in condensed milk, pumkpin, salt, 2 eggs & 2 TSP of pumpkin spice. Mix well.
- Spread over crust. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool in refrigerator before cutting.