I love the holidays! I really love to embrace every bit of it so that I do not lose grip of the importance of a holiday vs how hectic life becomes with the holiday. Quite often I am on the run with coffee in hand. I can always spare a quick minute to stir my coffee with one of these delicious peppermint candy cane spoons.
I had no idea until last year how much I loved the combination of peppermint candy and chocolate. It is truly to die for delicious! I am definitely making up for lost time by eating as much as I can possibly get my hands on ever since.
Taking the time to make something this delicious to have on hand for you daily coffee, is your way of reminding yourself how important you are.
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
- Peppermint Candies or Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a ziploc bag, crush the candies it small pieces.
- Pour broken pieces into candy spoon mold. Clean up around the sides with your fingers pushing all the candy into the spoon area.
- Place in the oven and let melt completely. This can vary greatly in time, so keep an eye on them.
- After about 10 min you will want to remove from the oven and fill a bit more with broken pieces to fill in the spots of your spoon that are lacking. Put back in the oven. Continue to melt.
- Once melted, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Carefully remove from the mold. If one breaks, you can put back in the mold, add a bit more crushed candy and remelt.
- Once completely cooled, melt chocolate for dipping. Dip your spoons into the melted chocolate and than sprinkles with decorative sprinkles.