Maple Bacon Crack
What can I say other than I love CRACK!! Haha I seriously have made more crack recipes, I think my kids may start telling their friends that their mom makes crack all the time. But seriously before you all report me, check out all of my other crack recipes, I think you will love them all!
My crack recipes are usually all sweet. This maple bacon crack is the first savory and sweet crack recipe I have made and let me tell you it is delicious!!!
I think most of us are sold after the word bacon. This bacon is not just ordinary bacon. It is bacon that has been baked with brown sugar and sweet maple syrup. Yes, I may have died and gone to heaven! It is incredible!
This will undoubtedly be the hit of any party! It is super easy to make too. Much easier than my regular crack recipes. This is a perfect one to get started with.
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 24 Saltine Carckers
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with non stick spray.
- Cook your bacon to about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way fully cooked. You will be finishing off cooking it as it bakes in the oven, so you don't want to over cook it. You do want the end result to be a bit on the crispy side so I cooked mine to about 3/4 of the way in advance.
- Line up saltines on your baking sheet. About 4 rows of 6 across.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of the maple syrup over the top of the saltines.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the brown sugar over top of the saltines and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle all of the bacon across the top, completely covering the saltines.
- Drizzle the remaining maple syrup over the top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle the remainder of brown sugar over the top of it all.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. The maple syrup should be bubbling around and the brown sugar will be partially melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into pieces.