Magic Cake is the new craze! Why is it Magic? This cake requires one simple batter, once baked, it bakes into 3 very different layers of yumminess.
Magic Cake is the new craze! It is blowing up Pinterest and people are starting to pay attention to this delicious Magic Cake. Why is it Magic? This cake requires one simple batter, once baked, it bakes into 3 very different layers of yumminess. The top layer is a sponge cake, the middle layer is custard, and the bottom layer is fudge-like.
The ingredients are very simple and more than likely you have them all in your pantry right now.
See all of the steps right here in this video:
For those of you that would like a instant pot version, you need to check out this incredible recipe!
- 4 Eggs (separate yolks/whites) at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Milk (lukewarm)
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 8 x 8" baking pan
- Separate the eggs. Mix the egg whites with a mixer until you have stiff peaks.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until well blended.
- Add melted butter and vanilla, continue mixing with mixer.
- Start slowly adding in the flour until fully mixed in.
- Slowly start adding in the milk. Continue to add until completely incorporated.
- Start adding in the egg whites, a third at a time. Gently fold into the batter. Repeat until all egg whites have been folded in.
- Pour batter into your greased baking pan.
- Bake for aprx. 40-70 minutes. You want the top to be golden brown. Once you see it golden, give it just enough time to bake all of those delicious layers. Pull from oven just before getting too brown.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar once cooled.