For years I resisted the urge to try Nutella. It was just one more temptation I really did not need. One of my sons is also a Nutella freak so I knew if I bought a jar he would be sneaking Nutella sandwiches morning, noon and night.
One of my very favorite restaurants serves a little dessert platter with a few decadent pastries. One of them is a Nutella puff. Thankfully, the last time we had dinner there, I had a tiny bit of room left for dessert and finally managed to try this Nutella puff. Well I think the skies opened up and heaven appeared. Wow!!! They were so simply made and such a decadent treat. My version is very similar and equally as decadent. Hmmmmm, maybe even a tiny bit more because I added a generous amount of icing to mine which paired so perfectly with the Nutella.
Ready to be popped into the oven *pictured are both my easy Nutella rolls and the easy cinnamon rolls (you definitely want to check out that recipe!)
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (I used a bit more to get the correct thickness)
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- (mix together until smooth)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Softly roll out one sheet of puff pastry on floured surface, lightly dust with flour. Generously lather on Nutella to cover puff pasty completely. Roll up your puff pastry into a cylinder. Cut into 1" thick pieces. Stand up your pieces on parchment paper on a cookie sheet for baking. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- While still warm drizzle icing over them and serve immediately.