These Darth Vader Ding Dong Treats are fitting considering that the movie, The Last Jedi was just released in theaters. I wanted to make these for my children because they are fans of the Star Wars Movies. Yep, believe it or not they are. Now I am sharing these with all of you, my readers.
You can make your own and show them off to fans of the movie as well.
These Darth Vader Ding Dong’s are pretty cool if you ask me. Not only am I a fan of the movie, but I am also a fan of Ding Dong’s. 😉 It’s a win for myself and my family. Ding Dongs have always been a family favorite. Oh so moist and delicious.
This recipe is pretty simple actually. Nothing to it. Buy the Ding Dong’s and then draw Darth Vader on with the icing. Easy enough right? I told you it’s pretty simple. The recipe card is right below for your convenience to print off.
- 1 box of chocolate ding dongs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 disposable piping bags, fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Unwrap the white Ding Dong from the wrapper and place onto the cookie sheet
- Using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag
- Pipe the outer line of Dark Vader onto the center of the ding dong
- Pipe in the detail of Dark Vader's face
- Let dry for 30 minutes before enjoying.
I hope that you will make your own Darth Vader Ding Dong Treats and then come back and let us know if everyone else thought that you were way cool. I know my kids thought I was the coolest mom ever! Their friends thought so too! Enjoy!