Summer is coming and every year it seems that the mosquitoes come sooner and sooner. My son and I are instant targets for the mosquitoes and it can become quite painful at times. My son will, literally, scratch his legs to the point of creating an infection. That was when I knew something had to give. We needed something that would fight off the mosquitoes so that we could go outside and enjoy our lives.
Being the antique lover that I am, I wanted to use my gorgeous blue vintage mason jars. These were used as centerpieces at my beach wedding so I could not think of a sweeter a reminder to have around the yard. The combination of colors is just gorgeous and the bug repellent is working wonders.
Here is a link to all of the essential oils needed to complete this project:
- Mason Jar
- 10 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Thieves Essential Oil (I used Health Shield Essential Oil)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- Floating Candles
- Slice lemon and limes. Fill jar about 3/4 of the way.
- Start adding 10 drops of each of your essential oils and than stir to mix.
- Place 2 slices of each, lemon and lime.
- Add 2 Rosemary Sprigs.
- Fill water to the rim.
- Place floating candle and light when placed outside.
- Change water and fruit about twice a week to keep fresh and potent.