This Bird’s Nest cake is both elegant and delicious! This will be the showstopper of all of your Easter desserts. These were incredibly easy to create. I am not the best when it comes to working with frosting and I was more than pleasantly surprised at how easy these came together. The results are just gorgeous!
I made these using boxed yellow cake mix. I added in a few drop of yellow food coloring to really bring out that burst of yellow color.
I baked my yellow cake mix in mini bundt pans. I wanted to create these gorgeous little nests that everyone could enjoy individually. You can definitely create the same exact look using a larger bundt pan.
Watch this video for no fail results:
I wanted to use homemade buttercream to frost these to ensure I got the perfect green color. Add a few drops of green food coloring until you get the perfect green color.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 TSP Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Green Food Coloring
- Beat butter with hand blender or stand mixer until fluffy.
- Start adding powdered sugar one cup at a time. Blending after each addition.
- Add vanilla and milk. Blend until frosting is a nice thick creamy consistency.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring and blend well.