Yes, I am on a health kick!! After a pretty rough 8 months with some health issues, I decided its time to fight back and get healthy. Detox waters have gained a lot of popularity over the years when their health benefits and weight loss benefits started to come to light. Dr. Oz has been a long time advocate of the health benefits of detox waters and he recommended this apple cinnamon detox water. That is a good enough seal of approval for me!
Besides for the healthy benefits of this detox water, the house smelled amazing!!! I love the combination of apples and cinnamon, I wish my house smelt this way all the time.
To give you a good idea of the benefits this detox water has lets break down the benefits of each ingredient.
- Flushes toxins
- Aids weight loss
- Fights cancer
- Boosts immune system
- Speeds up metabolism
- Aids digestion
- Improves brain function
Drink one glass before your meals. Keep apple cinnamon water in the fridge for no more than 3 days, than start a new batch.
Check out where we were featured in Well-Being Secrets article about favorite apple recipes. Check it out!
- One gallon water (filtered or bottled)
- 4-6 Apples
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- Bring water to quick boil and than reduce heat to simmer.
- Core and slice your apples. (save about 1 apple worth of slices for later)
- Add apples and cinnamon sticks to your simmering water.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain water into glass pitcher.
- Add saved apple slices and a cinnamon stick. Refrigerate.