This salad is absolutely delicious and really reminds me of the most delicious BLT sandwich. Minus the bread and minus the lettuce, but you wont miss either.
I love a nice cold summer salad to serve when we are grilling and especially one that contains lots of vegetables that my kids will just devour. This is the dish that everyone will devour. It is such an easy salad to make and I can not say it enough.. its delicious!!
I ran over to our local farmers market to grab some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. I just love shopping at the farmers market and find so much inspiration for new vegetable dishes to make. I also find that when I let my boys come shop with me, they are more inclined to eat what I am serving without any hesitation at all. Mom WIN!
You can cut your tomatoes and cucumbers any way you like, I diced mine into nice small pieces.
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 4-6 Nice Sized Tomatoes
- 1 Package Bacon
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste (I put mine on my tomatoes)
- Pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes and cucumbers to your desired shape and size.
- Cook your bacon (I microwaved mine in two batches)
- Salt your tomatoes and start combining the tomatoes, cucumbers and bacon crumbles. (save some bacon crumbles to sprinkle on top)
- Combine your mayonnaise, garlic powder and pepper.
- Combine your mayonnaise mixture with your tomato, cucumber and bacon mixture.
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top and serve immediately.